What’s coming up at Emmanuel in 2019?
If you have a question about an upcoming event, feel free to contact the Emmanuel Office.
Our weekly worship service is held each Sunday at 10:30 am at 224 Bennett Blvd. All are welcome. Our building is fully accessible to those with mobility issues, and we offer audioconferencing services for those who wish to participate in our weekly service by phone. Sunday school and a supervised nursery are offered during the school year.
Easy Does It Al-Anon Family Group meets in the church hall on Tuesdays at 7:30 pm:
Emmanuel board meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month at 7 pm in the church hall. All members of the Emmanuel community are welcome to attend.
Other upcoming events:
- Wednesday, January 22, 10:30 am — prayer shawl group meeting at Emmanuel.
- Wednesday, January 29, 1 pm — mitt making with Marjorie in the church hall. Bring your sewing machine and scissors (any wool if you want to share). Materials will be provided as well as pattern. The first pair made will be donated to the Silent Auction. Take home material for a personal pair or one to share!
- Friday, January 31, 4-8 pm — youth group event in the church hall. Youth are welcome to join us for an evening of pizza and baking.
- Saturday, February 8, 9–11 am — UCW Annual Valentine Coffee Hour in the church hall. Includes bazaar and bake sale tables. Featured item will be fresh roast beef pies. If you would like to help bake pies on Friday, February 7, please let one of the UCW ladies know.
- Wednesday, February 19, 6 pm — Potluck and All-Committee Meeting in the church hall. This is when the newly elected Official Board meets to determine a committee chair and to go through the roles and responsibilities of each committee. A potluck supper is planned so start thinking now about what you will be preparing. This regular board meeting will convene at 7 pm. All are welcome to stay for the meeting.
- Sunday, February 23, 6 pm — Birthday Sunday in the church hall. All birthdays will be celebrated at an after-worship coffee hour hosted by the membership and outreach committees. We will have 12 tables set up – one for each month. The committees are looking for 12 bakers to provide a cake for each month. There is a signup sheet on the back table for those who can bake for this fun event.